When Should I Replace a Garage Door with a New One?
Because a new garage door can be a large purchase, it can be difficult to decide when you should repair your current door and when it is time to purchase a new one. When you have questions, our technicians can help you make this decision, but you can also consider these tell-tale signs of needing a new garage door.
1. You no longer like the overall appearance of your door. This is the most common reason that people replace their garage doors, and the decision may come down to the fact that you simply no longer like the aesthetic look of your door.
2. You have splintered or broken sections of your door that are obviously visible. This can include loose or missing panels, dented sections or misaligned panels. These will affect your door’s structural integrity, leading to greater damages or opportunities for intruders like burglars or rodents to enter your building.
3. Your door shakes or vibrates when you open and close it. This unusual motion typically points to a serious problem, such as broken hinges, off-track rollers or broken springs and cables. Sometimes these issues can be addressed without replacing the door, but many times it signals the beginning of the end of your door.
4. Your door is unusually loud as it opens and closes. Like the unnecessary movement, the increased noise of your door could be an early sign that you have a serious problem with your rollers, hinges or shaft bearings.
5. Your door can be easily opened. A potential security breach with your door is a serious cause for concern. You do not want intruders to be able to break into your house easily. When your family or your possessions are at stake, you need to consider the best way to make your garage door safer.
If any of these issues sound like something that you worry about regularly, it may be time to think about a total garage door replacement. Let us help you make your changes a reality.